For a Monday it turned out to be a really fun day for a change. After getting up and doing more laundry, dishes, and cleaning, I got Bink packed up after lunch and met my friend Debbie at the local WalMart to pick up a few things like diapers, etc. Yes, my Bink refuses to potty train. She did it for a while, but stopped and I'm not going to force the issue until the coming summer. As long as she is trained by the next school year I won't worry.
Once WalMart was combed from top to bottom, we headed to the park. It was a little breezy, but the temperature was an unusual one for December. It was sixty-four! Bink wasn't too happy when we got there and there weren't any other 'bunnies'. That's what we call other kids. Once they started showing up she had a fun time. And as always when it was time to leave she started screaming. She doesn't like to go when she's having fun and I can't blame her.
From the park we went to the Acme to pick up a few items and get some raisins which Bink, in her no nap exhausted set of mind, wanted. Once she got a tiny box of those little suckers in her hand, she perked up a bit. With the groceries purchased we dropped 'Aunt Debbie' off and headed home. Bink was asleep within minutes of the car being back on the road and she was still asleep when I left to go to hockey practice.
I'm so glad we had practice tonight because I needed it after the sucky weekend I had on the ice. My shot is off and I felt like I was skating in quicksand. I'm going to have to get my skate blades checked. Maybe it's time to get new ones put on or have the blade cut down and re-sharpened. It won't help my speed or lack there of, but it will get rid of the weird slippage I've been experiencing lately.
I'm also glad for the practice because I got to talk to our defensive coach and he assured me I'm not sucking as bad as I think I am. I'm doing things right defensively, I just need to work on my shot and passes up the boards. I'm going to take more time in looking up and around before I make my passes. I'm also going to skate the puck more. There are a lot of teams that give you the ice and I keep forgetting that after being yelled at for three years to just dump the puck out of the zone. I'm not a bad player, I've just gotten into some bad habits. Those can be changed, especially when you play on a team where everyone likes one another and has your back. :)
Coming home from practice brought a little surprise. Or not really because Bink doesn't like to sleep. She was still up and she was wired and that was all after a one hour nap. She's like an Energizer Bunny that keeps going and going. I finally got her to fall asleep around ten after eleven. By the time I carried her up and got myself ready for bed it was closer to quarter to twelve. Another late night, but like I said, it was a fun day. :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment