Thursday, December 25, 2008

December 23rd - School Poop...er Party ;-)


The title says it all. I loaded up Bink and our meager gifts (let's just say I didn't spend as much money for the gifts given in class as the other parents did - money was tight this year) for her pre-school class and headed out. I decided I was going to crash the party. Only the parent who was aiding for the day would usually be the one staying in the classroom and I made it a point to not want to aid in Bink's class so she and I would have a few hours away time for one another, but...I wanted to take pics of the party.

I came in with my camera bag in hand and asked her teacher if she minded and she said it was okay to stay. There was another set of parents who came and stayed for a while until Santa came and went. I took a TON of photos of Bink and the rest of the kids. The only sad part was the mom who was aiding, her daughter was home sick. Talk about a bummer. She plans the party, aids the class, then has her daughter end up missing it.

It was an interesting day to say the least. They did crafts, Santa came in and handed out gifts, etc. Then they did circle time and snack time. After the snack, things began to get really interesting. They decorated gingerbread men and Christmas tree shaped cookies. During this time we began to notice an odor. Sniff. Hum...which kid was it?

One of the boys had to pee, so off he went with the aid into the restroom that's attached to the classroom and is shared with the threes class in the adjacent room. (The rule is for safety that the door is always left open while an aid is with a child in the bathroom so there's no question that nothing wrong is taking place. It protects both the child and the aid.) The aid pokes her head in a few minutes later and asks the teacher for the boys bag. He didn't get all of 'himself' properly out of his pants and peed down the front of his pants.

Sniff, sniff. The odor is getting strong. So we ask the one girl, did you poopy? She say nooooo. We ask the other boy next to her if he did. He says yes, so off he goes to the restroom with the aid who is now sighing. She leans out a minute later. He's not poopy, but he's going pee.

Of course the room is really beginning to stink. We ask the other girl again if she pooped. This time she admits she did the deed. I know BInk didn't because it didn't smell like hers and I had done the ol' sniff the butt check and she was free and clear. And yes, you can tell the difference between your kids poop smell and another kids. It's a mom thing.

So off the little girl walks to the restroom and I said she has the overloaded diaper walk going on. You know the walk. The one where they're bowlegged and are rocking back and forth as they walk because the diaper is about to pop like a ballon with too much water.

She goes in and a minute later the oder hits us. It was horrible! The entire room reeked! I'm mouth breathing to keep from gagging. The teacher starts gagging. She says her eyes are starting to water because she is on the verge of puking. She's smelled a ton of poop, her being a teacher of two year olds, but this one is hands down one of the worst ones she's ever smelled. I had to agree with her. It was downright, gag me out, nasty.

The crowning glory of it all comes next. The aid says the poop was all in her pants and up her back some. As she's coming to bag the diaper and toss it, she drops it on the bathroom floor. PLOP! The contents go all over the floor in a nice liquid puddle of greenish brown goo. Now it's stinking worse than you can image.

The more the teacher gagged, the more I laughed. I asked the teacher for the girls parents phone number so I could call them so they could bring clean pants over. The poor thing didn't have extra pants in her backpack and the only thing I had in Bink's bag were clean socks. So I'm calling their number, the dad answers, and I'm laughing and gagging as I tell them why they need to come over. The teacher is laughing and gagging, and the aid is just gagging because she's the one cleaning it up.

The next image is the aid closing the door to the restroom and you see her madly spraying lysol around the room. She's enveloped in a cloud of it as she opens the door. So now it smells like shit scented lysol and we're all gagging some more. The kids...they weren't phased by it one bit.

The parents come, get her dressed, and class is finished up shortly after it. As we're in the hallway talking about it all with the teacher of the threes, we're all laughing again because that teacher took a student in to wash their hands not long after the poop incident and the three year old asked her what the smell was and she said she didn't know, just hurry up and wash her hands!

The poor aid, who I know out of school and really like her and her daughter, said her hands still smelled like poop, even after washing them several times. Of course we all laughed some more and made comments on how gross it was, but of course for me, it was the highlight of the day and I say it would be my blog topic, because even though it was one of the nastiest poop smells I've smelt, it was funny because it all come from a little two year old girl.

On the way home we stopped and picked up some Taco Bell and headed home for lunch. Not too long after lunch, my niece come over to make some cards for her family. She stayed for a while, making it a nice family time with her and Bink.

Later on Bink had her dance class which was boring compared to her school day. No pooping happened there. Not too long after she came home from dance, she was asleep and stayed that way for the rest of the night. Chuck had karate and I finished up some little things that needed to be done before heading to bed.

No comments: