Today was a little fun and a little sad. I didn't want to take Bink to Chuck's friend's funeral. It's too hard to keep her quiet in such a somber setting. While he went to the viewing and funeral, I took her to the FOP craft fair and to see Santa there. She was a little shy at first, but once I told her Santa would cry and was sad, she walked right up and sat on his lap, giving him a big hug. I think the candy cane he held out to her had a big part in it as well. I bought her a couple of cookies, an angel pin for my sis-in-law, and a bell for Chuck ala Polar Express.
After the craft stuff we headed to the Hallmark store to find the Jim Shore angels that I alway get my sis-in-law, but they don't have them any more. They only had some Santa figures and a Nativity set. Now I'm going to have to start searching. :-P I ended up getting her a kids meal from Wendy's and a kids burger for me.
I headed on home to prepare for my hockey game. I told Chuck that I needed to leave by three. He didn't show up until quarter after. For some reason he doesn't feel that it's important enough for him to be home on time for me to leave when I ask him. He does this alllllll the time and thinks I overreact when I get pissed at him for doing it. I hate being late for anything, especially hockey because it's not just me being late, it's me holding up other people.
More on the game in my next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment