Okay, the day started out early and again I cleaned and did laundry and a million other things before heading off to the game. I even picked out Bink's outfit for the family party that was going on after our game.
We beat the Americans 5-1. They've been struggling this season, but a lot of teams are going through a transition of sorts. At least they didn't suck in some B player like the Freeze team so they could coast around. They do have some old B players, but they aren't at the level any longer so it doesn't matter.
Colleen played really well. You can always count on her coming off the boards or the corner with the puck. She wins those battles 99% of the time from my view on the bench and the ice. The best play hands down was Catoia doing an end to end rush, cutting across the net and scoring a goal. She was tripped or hooked as she was shooting and looked exactly like the old photo of Bobby Orr scoring in the playoffs with the Boston Bruins. It's a damn shame no one was filming the game because it was something I'd slap on YouTube right away.
I don't think I played all that well. I'm not getting quality shots off and I had an asshole midget ref (he was short, not a Midget level ref in case you were wondering) who had it in for me. He made some crap calls all over the ice on both teams. He let an obvious boarding go by, but in the next second if someone barely lifted someone's stick, he'd call a penalty. I wish they give a shit and call our games right.
After the game I rushed around at the rink getting ready for our family party, then zipped out of there and head to my cousins. It was a great party and lots of fun for the kids. The food was out of this world. The frickin' shrimp were so big they were like small lobster tails. I ate a ton and feel fatter than ever. I'm really going to have to get back on track. I promised my husband that I'd start the PX90 program during the holiday break from hockey. I hope I don't end up hurting myself doing some stupid exercise. :-P
The best part of the night was when Santa arrived at the party. The kids were beyond excited. I have a ton of photos and I even took video while I was snapping the pics with my camera in one hand and the video in the other. Awkward, but worth the effort. There were presents handed out and the kids all got to ask Santa what they wanted. He gave Bink his stocking sack and she stood on tiptoe, jumping up and down, trying to hang it from the fireplace mantel. I got photos of that moment of course.
I think I took at least a hundred photos that night and we stayed way too late. We didn't get home until a little after eleven. I stayed up until one thirty downloading songs for my brother and unpacking my hockey equipment. All in all it was a fun, busy day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment