
It's now officially the start of the Christmas season for me. I know Black Friday is supposed to be, but it's not really December then so I don't count it. This begins my journal something each day and get some photos taken. I have some really cute ones and I may use one of them for my Christmas card this year if we don't get a good one with Santa this weekend.
Today started out like usual, but then again it didn't. Chuck is working two to ten today, so the plan was to sleep in. Bink was even cooperating by not getting up. That ended at seven-thirty when cousin Jack called and wanted to know when we could meet to go over some Denver minted coins. Oy. Of course that woke Bink up and she pushed me and said, "Are you awake Mommy? Where are we going?" Can you tell she's use to getting up and running around doing stuff instead of staying in the house all day? :)
Well today was the day I planned on doing a ton of cleaning. I did the dishes, cleaned and scrubbed the kitchen cabinets and countertops, and floor. Picked up the diningroom, moved more of Bink's toys out of the livingroom in preparation of getting the tree down, cleaned and scrubbed the bathroom (the room that still looks dirty after I clean it - I hate that room), and put a bunch of magazines, clothes, and stuff into the trunk of the car to take to the Thrift Store tomorrow. I also ran our payment for Bink's pre-school to the school because it was due by today, and then I went into the Dollar Tree to see if they had any new Christmas ribbon to use outside, and to see if they ever got new scrapbook stuff. Of course they didn't have either to my disappointment.
Once all of that was done, I took Bink to get her bangs trimmed. Her hair was hanging in her eyes and she won't leave the clips or headband on. Allie cut her hair and I got to catch up on some chit chat time with her. Then we stopped at McDonald's for a Happy Meal for her and Taco Bell for a Grande Burrito for me. Guess who might skip weighing in this week? I did great before Thanksgiving by losing four pounds, but I think I put three of them on after the holiday. Go figure. I've been eating on the run a lot lately and that doesn't help.
The remainder of the evening was spent playing with BInk, reading stories to her and coloring, etc. We also watched Shrek the Halls. Love that cartoon. Yesterday she watched Rudolph for the first time. Of course we'll watch it a couple more times before Santa comes.
She's asleep on the couch right now and once I'm done with this post, I'll pick her up and carry her to her cozy little toddler bed and hope she doesn't wake up. :)
So there you have it. Day one, December first, twenty-four more days to go before Christmas. And doesn't it amaze you how bland my life is compared to most of yours? ;-)
1 comment:
Not bland..just perfect!
Post a Comment