Thursday, December 25, 2008

December 24th - Christmas Eve


I spent most of the day doing odds and ends prep for the big day. I took the small gifts to my neighbors boys over to them before I took Bink over to my brother's house for some fun time with Megan and my brother. That time would enable me to get all of her gifts wrapped and put together without her prying eyes seeing anything. The gifts were small, but they and their mom wanted to know how I knew that's what they wanted. Little baseball gloves. I guess Santa whispered in my ear the answer, I'm just happy they liked what Bink got them. They gave her a little Disney princess cell phone. :)

When it was time for Bink to come home, I sent Chuck, who had come home from work early, to go and get her. I was busting my hump to get everything ready, while he sat back and played his XBox golf game. The least he could do was go and get her. By the time he brought her back, it was time for us to start getting ready for dinner. We were meeting his family for at an oriental place. Don't cringe, the food at this place is wonderful!

So I got myself ready and as I was running around trying to do some last minute things, I ask him to give Bink her bath. I had already set out her clothes and everything else. He kept playing that stupid game. I ended up giving Bink her bath and getting her dressed. He was like..."I was going to do it". Uh huh. Like when? At the last minute so she goes outside with a soaking wet head. He gets only himself ready like usual and off we go. Does this sound familiar to a lot of you moms?

Dinner was nice at least. I got to talk to the nieces and nephew a lot and generally everyone was on their best behavior. Of course Bink didn't hardly eat a thing. Getting her to eat anything is a major challenge. Dinner was over late, and Bink was exhausted. She fell asleep as we drove around looking at Christmas lights.

Chuck put Bink to bed as soon as we got home. I was expecting us to snuggle up on the sofa together and watch an old Christmas special or movie. Circle false. As soon as I changed and came downstairs, he was playing that stupid video game again. I ended up doing more odds and end Christmas stuff and put all of Bink's presents under the tree before heading up to bed. The only thing he did was help me carry her kitchen out. I could have done it myself, but didn't want to chance breaking anything on it or making too much noise that may have woken Bink up. I have no idea when he came up. I bet he was up past midnight playing that game. On Christmas Eve. To say I was really disappointed was an understatement. Christmas Eve is supposed to be family time, not a Tiger Woods golf game night. Next year this will NOT happen. I'll throw the damn game out before it ever happens again.

No comments: