I woke up feeling better than last night when I went to bed, but I was still sick. I don't like feeling like this, especially when I still have to get up and take care of Bink. In the old days I would have called work and rolled over and gone back to sleep. Now I have to drag my ass out of bed and take care of her like any other day. A two year old does not understand the concept of mommy being sick. All she knows is she has a wet diaper, she's hungry, and she wants someone to play with her.
Lucky for me, I started feeling better after I had my lunch of Campbell's chicken noodle soup. I swear that stuff is magic for any stomach ailments. I'm still feeling a tad on the weak side and a little 'eh', but nothing like this morning. I'm glad it happened these past few days instead of New Years Eve or this weekend. I have a game Saturday, a game Sunday, and a practice on Monday. I'll be worn out, but hopefully I'll lose those pounds I gained from all the holiday eating.
Holiday eating is weird. I weighed myself in the morning the other day and I was at 156.5. The next morning I weighed in at 160! I was like...WHAT? Three and a half pounds in one night. WTF! I think my body hides the fat and surprises me with it in one lump gain just to piss me off. >:-P
Oh well. I have until next Thursday to lose at least two or three pounds. If I can't do that with all the hockey I'm going to play, then I have a major problem on my hands.
I'm tired and I'm off to bed even though I'm leaving out a ton of stuff about today and the past couple of days. It's all daily stuff, so I guess it won't matter. Oh...we had a couple come by and pick up the computer desk we had on Craigslist. Now I can get to the treadmill and get back on my workout routine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment