Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sometimes Christmas Can Be Sad

I was thinking about some people this Christmas and how much they'd be missing those that they lost this year. I know my great uncle will be feeling the pain of losing his wife this past summer. It will be his first Christmas without her. I know of three friends that lost their fathers this year way too early. I know they will be hit hard as they sit by their trees, remembering those Christmas mornings of the past when they were there too. I'm also thinking of my grandparents, and aunt that I lost years ago. And the two uncles that I never met because they died years before I was born.

Christmas is a time for rejoicing and being with family, but it can be bittersweet from the memories of those who are no longer with us. I'm going to try and remember all of those who have passed on in my own way. I'll remember their smiles and laughter. And I'll imagine them with us still, enjoying the holiday with our family.

No comments: