Thursday, December 18, 2008

December 16th - Jingle Bells


Taking Bink to dance class, she was way too wired and ran all over the place. Chuck came to watch her and when he's there, she shows off for him and that equals trouble. There's more high pitched screaming and tons more of her and her one friend Ava running all over the place like wild little animals. I try not to laugh and act like the apologetic mom, but all I really want to do is laugh my ass of and let her run even more. She's two years old and will only be two once in her life so why not have as much fun as she can? I correct her when needed, but some times you have to let them go and let off all that energy.

After dance class we rushed home and bundled her back up to go to the schools Christmas Social. It only took less than a half hour for the three classes to sing their songs, but all the prep and the post singing added up to two and a half hours. I took a ton of photos with the new D40, as I've been doing every day. I have a lot to learn about how to use this camera, but even with some of the out of focus or dark photos I'm getting, I'm also getting some really beautiful shots that I never would have gotten with my old point and shoot Canon Digital Elf.

Bink's class sung Jingle Bells and I made her wear her Jingle Bells shirt she wore when she went to see Santa. Considering the kids are two, three, and four years old, they all behaved nicely. There were only a few meltdowns and the two that I saw were kind of expected. There are twin sisters in the fours class and when one gets crying or pouty, the other one copies her and it's all downhill from there. Unfortunately for their mom they chose tonight to do the crying. Poor mom. She got them all dressed up and hustled to get them both there and then they bagged on her.

The one sad note of the night was they were having a Toys For Tots drive and not many people brought toys. I've seen some of the cars these parents drive and the clothes their kids wear. There was no excuse for them not to bring in a toy. You don't have to spend a ton of money. WalMart has a ton of toys for $5.00 and under. They could even go to the stinking dollar store and pick up some Santa coloring books. It really irked me and another parent to see how no one really cared. Hopefully there cheapskates made up for it by donating somewhere else and I'm getting disappointed with them for no reason.

After the social was over I took Bink home and got her ready for bed. Chuck had left right after all the singing was over to go to karate class. And true to her style, Bink fought going to sleep. I think I finally got her to sleep about a quarter after nine. Oh well. She can sleep more another day. :)

No comments: