Monday, December 22, 2008

December 21st - Too Much Goin' On!

It's getting busier instead of slowing down. We headed out to WalMart, again, to buy food and gifts for the family that Chuck's work is sponsoring. It makes you feel good doing something like this, but having Chuck suggest things that just aren't practical makes it harder. He kept wanting to get something for a bicycle. What if they didn't have bikes? Things like that. I was frustrated. We were able to buy most of the food there at decent prices, all of the gifts, and while we were there, we finished up some of our shopping as well.

After WalMart, we trekked over to Michael's for dinner. Bink refused to eat anything but bread and dumped a load in her diaper halfway through dinner. Niiiiiiice. I keep trying to get her to potty train mostly for that reason. The poops are pretty nasty. We changed her after dinner in the trunk of the car. The restaurant didn't have a changing table and she hates them anyway, so that's where I mostly change her.

Our next stop was Save-A-Lot for the rest of the food. Their prices are a lot better than the Acme and when we had a limited amount of money to spend, it was a good thing we were able to go there instead of getting less food for the same amount of money. And Bink pooped again. This time I changed her in the front seat of the car because we had all the food and presents in the trunk from both stores. There's nothing like changing a diaper in freezing temperatures and arctic winds blowing on your back.

One last stop was the Acme to pick up a magazine for the one kid on the list. She's a teen girl, so I got her the most recent issue of Seventeen. CosmoGirl and TeenVogue are a little too trashy for my tastes, so there's no way I'll buy them for someone else's teen. I also picked up some oysters for my oyster stuffing I'll be making for our dinner at my brother and sis-in-law's home on Christmas day. I'm also making greenbean casserole, a pumpkin pie, and I'm buying fresh butter from Lapps.

Arriving home, we rushed Bink in out of the cold, unloaded the car, and got her ready for bed. We had been out since two and it was close to eight when we finally got through the door. Lucky for us, Bink went to bed early and we could relax a little before going to bed ourselves. I vegged in front of the tv and did some pushups, crunges, and other exercises. I really need to hit the treadmill. I feel like a bloated pig. :-P

More tomorrow night. Or should I say later today as I'm posting this one a day late.

No comments: